Baby Sitter Training Offered
Are you a 6th grader or higher and at least 11 years old? Maybe you have what it takes to be a babysitter.
AMERICAN RED CROSS offers Babysitter’s Training Course and Recertification for ages 11 to 15 on July 31, 2009 .
Students will learn how to:
* supervise children;
* choose safe and appropriate toys;
* handle bedtime issues effectively;
* keep children safe in the house and outside;
* perform first aid;
* respond effectively to life-threatening emergencies;
* feed infants and prepare simple meals and snacks for children; and
* perform basic care routines such as diapering, feeding and dressing infants and children.
Students will also gather excellent resources, such as; interviewing for a babysitting job, marketing yourself and our qualities well, and adjusting your actions based on the age of the child.
Call Betty at 256-362-2061 for details and to sign-up today. The class is a one day affair from 9:00am to 2:00pm at the Community Action Building (next door to Red Cross).